What is medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss refers to any weight loss program that proactively reduces weight through a management plan established under the supervision of a medical professional. Medical weight loss usually focuses on diet and exercise, and the program is often created in conjunction with a comprehensive medical evaluation.
How does Dr. G’s Personal Weight Loss Program work?
When it comes to your health and wellness, Dr. G’s knows that the best approach is one tailored specifically for you. There are five components to your personalized weight loss program:
- Individualized programs: When it comes to weight loss, one size does not fit all. Whether you want to lose 10 pounds or 100 pounds, you have a slow metabolism, or you have a hard time controlling your portion sizes, your Dr. G’s provider will create a personalized strategy that will work for you.
- A comprehensive medical evaluation: A key component in understanding how you’re best able to lose weight, your comprehensive medical exam factors in your age, weight, BMI, medical history, blood work, and weight loss goals. Then, your physician prescribes a combination of medications, along with Dr. G’s proprietary herbal supplements, that will reduce your appetite, cravings for carbohydrates and sugar, and anxiety eating, as well as increase your metabolism and make you feel fuller, faster.
- You can eat real food: Have no fears about a tasteless weight loss diet! Your Dr. G’s provider designs a personalized meal plan based on your weight loss goals, nutritional needs, and your tastes. If you prefer a meal or snack replacement system, Dr. G’s provides several scientifically created supplements to deliver the vitamins and nutrients you need to stay healthy while you lose weight. They include: Dr. G’s 5-Day Cleanse Kit: Vitamin supplements, including antioxidants and sleep-aids; Protein shakes and protein bars; All supplements are available only with a consultation to ensure they are the right fit for your weight loss needs.
- Activity and fitness: Physical exercise plays a vital role in your Dr. G’s Personal Weight Loss Program. Your provider will work with you to develop an exercise routine that suits you and your personalized weight loss strategy. Whether you prefer to hit the gym or take more walks, your provider can create a regimen for you.
- Post-treatment maintenance program: Remember that while losing weight is a terrific result of your Dr. G’s Personal Weight Loss Program, keeping the weight off is the ultimate goal. Once you’ve hit your weight milestone, your provider assigns you a personalized maintenance program to help you keep your results.
When will I see results from my personal weight loss program?
Weight loss speed varies from person to person and depends on factors such as your height, your initial weight, and your customized exercise plan. Generally speaking, you will begin to see results right away if you stick to your prescribed program.
If you’re ready to find a weight loss regimen that works, give Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness a call, to make an appointment.